Are you gearing up for your Miami Beach vacations? You may be wondering what to include in your packing list for a tropical climate, we’re here to help! Miami Beach is a very casual, laid back city where you can wear your favorite shorts and flip-flops pretty much everywhere. But don’t forget to pack something nice for fine restaurants and world famous Miami nightclubs.
If you’ll be visiting during the summer season, keep in mind that it can get hot during summer days but bearable in the evenings. Here’s our list of essential items to include in your packing list for some pleasant Miami Beach vacations!
- Sunscreen: At least SPF 30. It’s the most important item, keep yourself from burning easily under the Florida sun!
- Swimsuit: Pack all your swimsuits! You will want to wear all your favorite summer bikini on the bright Miami beaches.
- Flip-flops: Another essential, pack your cute flip-flops to pair them with your cute swimsuits if you like.
- Tank-tops: Great to wear under clothes to layer an outfit. When it gets hotter, you can simply take off the top layer to cool off.
- Shorts/skirts: Pack as many as you can. You will be in your shorts all day, but also remember to pack some nice ones for a night out in the town.
- Light cotton t-shirts: Again remember to pack as many as you can. The days get hotter here in Florida, and you will start to sweat. Always have extra so that you can change out and feel fresh every day you’re on vacation
- Wide brim hats or caps: Wear this to keep the sun out of your eyes and keep your face cool.
- Bug repellent: Miami’s summer nights can attract a lot of bugs. Keep a bug repellent close to you.
- Umbrella and/or poncho: Make sure to check the weather page daily to stay away from rain and light showers. Carry an umbrella for that unexpected Miami rain.
- Smartphone or tablet: Many hotels and coffee shops around the beach offer free WiFi. You might need to use it for last minute emails or browsing for more details on Miami at Oliom.com.
There you go, the essentials in this packing list should be enough for a comfortable stay in our tropical paradise. Happy travels and while you’re here, you may want to plan for things to do in Miami Beach.